LUCIAN MATIS & SMASHBOX FOR A SMOKY EYE FALL/WINTER 2012/2013
March 26, 2012
TORONTO - Fall 2012: Pairing up once again to create what will be the newest way to wear a smoky eye Smashbox collaborated with Lucian Matis for a dramatic eye. Not for those that want to hide in the corner, this eye is bold, sexy and makes a statement. The colours complemented the black and nude, that was the Lucian Matis Fall 2012 collection.
We were backstage with Lori Taylor, Director Global Pro Lead Artistry for Smashbox Cosmetics, to get her insight into this look and how to wear it. "Girls in LA rock this look at 8am in the morning. And although we would totally rock this look we now that everyone can't. So if you do want to wear this look, you can do so by choosing a less intense colour like a grey or navy instead of the Blacktop that we have used here. And it you want to create a more edgy look. What we saw in Milan and Paris was the disappearance of the eye brow. You can use a concealer to blend away the eyebrow which creates drama and focus on the eye." - Lori Taylor, Director Global Pro Lead Artistry for Smashbox Cosmetics
How to Create the Look:
1. Hydrate the complexion with moisturizer and apply Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
2. Apply Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Foundation SPF 10, to even out the complexion, using a Smashbox’s foundation brush for even coverage.
3. Apply Smashbox High Definition Concealer under eyes and to even out skin tone.
4. Apply Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder to set the makeup.
1. To achieve a “not there” effect on the brows, apply High Definition Concealer or Camera Ready Concealer over brows and set with powder.
2. Blend Blacktop from the Smokebox Eye Palette into crease and lids.
3. Apply Caviar Cream Liner and then Onyx Pencil on the upper eyelash line.
6. Apply false thick lashes on top and bottom eyelashes.
5. On top of fake lashes, for extended volume and depth, finish off the eyes with several coats of Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara.
1. Use Smashbox Nude Lip Liner to softly define the lip contours.
2. Complete the lips with Be Legendary Lipstick in Honey.
1. Finish the camera-ready complexion by defining bone structure with Step-by-step Contour Kit.